Frequently Asked Questions
“My local contractor says he can make the same wine racks for less money. What is the difference?”
What steps do you need to take to manufacture a bottle rail?
- You need to either start with a 1x1 or 1x2.
- If you use a 1x1 then you want to make sure only to side have eased edges, if all four sides have eased edges then you will have a gap when the rail meets the post.
- If you use a 1x2 then make sure all four edges have eased edges and cut the material in half.
- Then you have 3 different rails used for an individual bottle rack. Beveled rails, Spacer Bar rails, and Base rails and they each have a different dimension.
- Cut all rails to required length and put a bevel cut on the front edge for the visible rails.
- If your material did not have eased edges then you will need to run the rail thru a router to be an eased edge so you do not tear the label.
- If you split a 1x2 make sure to sand the end that faces the post to remove any burn or chatter marks caused by running thru the saw.
"Do I have to make a decision on which solution I want?”
No, our Designers will walk you through the options, however this is an easy guide to let you know if your budget will need to grow depending on the options you prefer.
"Can I buy different components from Platinum, Gold, and Silver?”
Definitely - It will simply depend on your layout and wine room. Fill out our Design Request Form to speak with your Consultant.